HAPPY is the one who has not walked in the advice of the wicked,
nor stood in the way of sinners,nor sat in the seat of scoffers.
2. But his delight is in the law of the Lord and on law he meditates day and night. 3. He will be like a planted tree over streams of water,
producing its fruit during its season. Its leaf never wither—but in all he does, he prospers. PSALM 1:1-3
ALL ABOUT OVERCOMING
OBSTACLES TO HAPPINESS
The world defines HAPPINESS as a sense of contentment based on positive happenings. However, happiness from the Lord comes from intimacy with God and obedience to His word. It is the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit that allows us to find contentment and thrive, even in the face of adversity. Learning to live by the life-giving principles
of God's word will help you overcome all obstacles to your happiness.
Happy are the people whose God is the Lord. Psalm 144:15
OOH! OVERCOMING UN-FORGIVENESS
PRAYER: I ask the Lord to give you a release from carrying a wounded spirit. I pray the Lord will bring healing and wholeness back into your life. I declare that for every obstacle you have overcome, God will make you stronger, wiser and able to help others. In Jesus' name. Amen. Follow peace and be encouraged!
UNFORGIVENESS is a slow-acting toxin that destroys the mind, body and soul.
Three Types of Forgiveness
1. FORGIVING OTHERS - Failing to forgive those who have wounded you only makes you a prisoner of hurt and anger. Forgiveness is God's way of setting you free. Matthew 6:14 - For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
2. FORGIVING YOURSELF - Forgiving "you" can be even more difficult than forgiving others. Deep-seated guilt and shame can cause depression, self-destructive behavior and health issues. Romans 8:1-2 – So those who are believers in Christ Jesus can no longer be condemned…Christ Jesus, has set you free from sin and death.
3. FORGIVING GOD - To forgive God would imply that God sinned and that's not possible. Know that He has a purpose for the good and the bad that He allows. Romans 8:28 - For all things work together for the good, for those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
OOH! OVERCOMING ANXIETY
PRAYER: Father, we ask for your peace that passes all understanding. Give us rest from fear, worry, stress and the lies of the enemy. Let your perfect peace that comes from the power of your Holy Word and the cry of our prayers, drive the spirit of anxiety out of our hearts. In Jesus name, Amen! Follow peace and be encouraged!
ANXIETY - The absence of peace and contentment. It will manifest as a hidden or an open display of worry, fear, stress, anger, sickness and unrest.
HOW TO OVERCOME ANXIETY
1. Allow God to show you the root cause of your anxiety. Psalm 139:23 - Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
2. Quiet yourself in prayer, worship and the Word. Give thanks for small and big things God has done. Breathe deeply. Focus on good things. Philippians 4:6 In everything with prayer, thanksgiving and supplication, make your request known to God.
3. Control your thought life.
Philippians 4:8 Whatsoever things are lovely; of good report; if there be any virtue of praise, think on these things.
OOH! OVERCOMING DISCOURAGEMENT
PRAYER: Father, we thank you this day for a fresh outpouring of encouragement. Remind us that we are more than conquerors; that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.
We thank you for giving us renewed strength to overcome every obstacle standing in the way of our happiness and our victory. In Jesus' name, Amen. FOLLOW PEACE AND BE ENCOURAGED!
DISCOURAGEMENT - To lose hope and courage.
HOW TO OVERCOME DISCOURAGEMENT
1. ENCOURAGE YOURSELF with self-talk. When you speak life and victory your mind and emotions will follow. 1 Samuel 30:6 (NKJV) David was greatly distressed...but David ENCOURAGED himself in the Lord his God.
2. ENCOURAGE OTHERS - Take your mind off of your own troubles pray for and encourage others. As you minister to others, the Lord will encourage you and renew your hope.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV) Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
3. CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE - Continue in an attitude of gratitude. The right attitude will eventually break Satan's stronghold of discouragement.
Psalm 34:2 (NLT) I will boast only in the LORD; let all who are helpless take heart.
OOH! OVERCOMING FEAR
FEAR - A PERCEIVED THREAT OR DANGER
It triggers an emotional and physical reaction. Racing heart, heavy breathing, fight or flight.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT FEAR:
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, love and of a sound mind.
1. Fear is a spirit.
2. Fear does not come from God.
3. Fear can be defeated when we walk in God's power and love.
God has given you
THEY ARE CALLED ANGELS.
Hebrews 1:14 Therefore, angels are only servants--spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation.
1. Angels will protect you: Psalm 91:11 For God will command his angels to protect you in all your ways.
2. Angels will rescue you: Psalm 34:7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him and rescues them.
3. Angels will guide you: Exodus 23:20 See, I am sending an angel before you to protect you and lead you safely to the place I have prepared for you.
4. Angels will visit you: Hebrews 13:2 Be careful to show hospitality, for some have entertained angels without knowing it.
PRAYER: Father, in the name of Jesus, I ask You to deliver me from the spirits of fear, doubt, anxiety, panic and worry. Thank you, Father God, that through your son, Jesus Christ, I am saved and I live under His divine protection. Thank you for the angels that watch over me and my loved-ones day and night. To God be the glory! Amen.
OOH! Overcoming Lack
Fear the LORD, you his godly people, for those
who fear him will have all they need. Psalm 34:9
PRAYER: Father, I ask that you would give us increased faith; a giving heart and the spirit of hard work. We thank you for creativity, strength and courage to overcome lack and pursue your plans and purpose for our prosperity. Remind us always that true success can only come when we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and walk in obedience to your Word. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
Follow Peace and be Encouraged!
LACK: Unfulfilled needs, desires and opportunities.
You may never win the LOTTERY of inherit a fortune, but God does have a plan for your success and prosperity.
If you truly want to overcome lack and live a life of prosperity, God's word has given us 3 keys
FAITH - GIVING - HARD WORK
FAITH: Continue to ask God to increase your faith to believe that you can overcome lack and achieve prosperity. Pray in faith for guidance, strength and restoration.
Luke 17:5 - The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!"
GIVING: Be generous to those in need. God will reward your kindness.
Luke 6:38 - Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full-- pressed down, shaken together and running over into your lap.
HARD WORK: God's plan for your prosperity is a partnership. He guides and provides, while you strive to reach your goals.
Proverbs 14:23 - In all labor there is profit, but mere talk tends only to poverty.
PRAY FOR THE FOLLOWING:
1. WISDOM FROM GOD
2. UNIQUE IDEAS
3. TALENT AND SKILLS
4. DISCIPLINE AND ENDURANCE
5. FAVOR WITH GOD AND PEOPLE